===========================================
This blog is my place
to reflect what happens in my life
and what is in my mind.

I know sometimes I sound hypocrite
...
while at the other time,
I seem to rebel against the world.

Well, that's what happens in my head though.

I am trying to be wiser everyday,
opening my eyes for the truth of the world...
like an owl observing the night.

But my friends,

perhaps without realizing,
I am walking on the path of foolishness here.
Thus, I really appreciate
your comments, complains, questions,
and even... mockery.
===========================================
>>>>>>>---------------------------------- ITUTH ------>
===========================================

Saturday, October 24, 2009

About Romantic Love

=================================== 
What is love?
Not the love of God I'm talking,
nor motherly love, nor love among friends...

What I am observing now,
is this love of man and woman...
which inspire lots of songs and poems
and pictures and...
whatever else it might be...
What is this romantic love actually?
How come its definition varies so huge,
and sometimes even against each other?

Is this love a kind of silly illusion,
or is it just a kind of deep affection?

Is love the enhancement of peaceful care
or is it the sworn enemy of fierce hate?

Is it the things that deepen the unbending trust
or things which generate the wicked jealousy?

What is it?

Once when I'm still naive, I believed...
that to love someone means...
to give whatever we have...
give, give, and keep giving,
until we have nothing left.

Yet, when turbulance came in my heart,
breaking every corner it saw...
I cannot help but thinking,
that love is just a big fat lie...
just a lump of ugly piece of joke,
decorated by pretty colors of illusion...

Even until now,
I cannot help wondering,
if this complicated love is probably just...
a simple like with a little bit emphasis in it.

===================================
by Ituth
===================================

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment here in Owl's Eyes

My other blogs (in Indonesian):